Good for You and Your Baby
Pregnancy can be very stressful, both physically and emotionally. For many women, it brings a variety of symptoms such as muscle aches, joint and nerve pain, anxiety, depression, swelling, difficulty sleeping, and more. Studies show that therapeutic massage can help relieve these symptoms—and even improve your birthing experience and support healing after you give birth.
At Blackstone Massage Therapy Center, we offer prenatal care through pregnancy massage, mother support, and infant massage education. When you make massage therapy part of your regular prenatal care, you'll feel stronger and more relaxed, have more energy, and enjoy a healthier, happier pregnancy. With an emphasis on your safety and comfort, we offer the bodyCushion™ pregnancy positioner and specialize in the MotherMassage® technique.
Or call 401-223-3443 to schedule your appointment today!
Special Pregnancy Massage Offer →
Benefits of massage therapy during pregnancy:
- Reduces stress – Studies show that regular, biweekly massage reduces stress hormone levels and increases dopamine and serotonin (the "feel good" hormones) levels after only five weeks. These changes in hormone levels not only help improve cardiovascular health, but they also lead to fewer complications during labor.
- Improves circulation – Prenatal massage gently increases the flow of blood throughout the body to relieve tension and discomfort and help improve overall health.
- Decreases swelling – Massage helps stimulate soft tissues to reduce the collection of fluids in swollen joints and improves the removal of tissue waste by the body's lymph system.
- Alleviates nerve pain – The increased size and weight of the uterus causes many women to experience sciatic nerve pain. Massage therapy helps release the tension in nearby muscles, which reduces pressure on nearby nerves in the lower back, buttocks, and legs.
- Improves posture – Pregnancy may cause changes in posture and alignment that can lead to pain in the back, neck, hips, and legs. Massage can help strengthen muscles and enhance your awareness of your posture to reduce stress on the body.
"During my second trimester, I had a lot of pain in my left hip that shot down my leg. Christopher noticed that I had a tendency to shift my body weight to that side and gave me some simple exercises to do to correct the problem. Within a week, the pain was gone and never came back, even at the end of my pregnancy when I was carrying a lot more weight. I was amazed how easy it was to fix the problem."
—Beth, Providence, RI